Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thursday's Links - 02/16/2012

WrestleMania XXIX



The WWE has announced through its website, wwe.com, that WrestleMania XXIX will be held at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford NJ in April of 2013.  There will be an official announcement with a press conference being held Thursday February 16th at 11:00 am.  As a resident of New York I am extremely excited.  Time to start figuring out how I can get a press pass.   


Star Wars Related Items




On Friday I was very excited to check out the re-release of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace in 3D.  As a huge fan of the entire Star Wars franchise, there was no way that I would miss this.  When The Phantom Menace was released originally in 1999, I went to see the movie 5 times the opening day.  A little much you might say but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  It made for a great story.       



Here are some other Star Wars related items worth checking out.  Picture 1 Picture 2  Merch 1 Merch 2  Video 1 Video 2

Eye Candy of the Day



I've recently got hooked on the show The League which airs on the FX Network.   Nadine Velazquez is one of the stars of the shows and could have previously been seen on the show My Name Is Earl.    

That Jeremy Lin Guy Again

The Knicks blew out the Kings to extend their winning streak to 7 games and bring their record to 15-15 on the season.  With Lin set to become a restricted free agent after this season, Forbes takes a look at how Jeremy can cash in going forward.  In a matter of a few months we have had Tebow Mania and now Linsanity.  This is just crazy if you actually take the time to think about.  Here are "5 Reasons Linsanity is nothing like Tebow Mania".  I also stumbled across this video from ABC news.     



Awesome Video of the Day #1

Here is a video of Bobby McFerrin, the guy who brought us "Don't Worry Be Happy", showing the amazing link between the human mind and music. 




Awesome Video of the Day #2

Since I always find a way to incorporated music into the daily links I figured I'd be well served to also include some art.   





Educational Video of the Day

According to his Wikipedia page, "Juan EnrĂ­quez is recognized as one of the world's leading authorities on the economic and political impacts of life sciences. He is currently Chairman and CEO of Biotechonomy LLC, a life sciences research and investment firm."  Here is a video in two parts of his thoughts and insights into what the future holds for us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment